How to configure a new Unifi device with the Set-Inform command to be able to adopt the device to the BW cloud controller.
- Setup SSH on Windows 10 (if needed)
- Settings > Apps and click Manage optional features under Apps & features.
- Click Add a feature at the top of the list of installed features. If you already have the SSH client installed, it will appear in the list here.
- Scroll down, click the OpenSSH Client option, and click Install.
- Setup Putty (if on an older system)
Unifi Device Setup
- Open Command Line
- Type ssh <IP Address> and hit enter
- Type Yes when prompted
- Login using the default username and password for Unifi devices
- Username: ubnt
- Password: ubnt
- Type set-inform http://unifi.bytewyze.com:8080/inform and hit enter
- Go to https://unifi.bytewyze.com:8443/ and login
- Find the correct site for this install and go to devices and click the Adopt button on the newly discovered device
- You may have to repeat the set inform command on some devices like USGs